The use of our website is usually possible without providing personal data. Personal data, such as names, addresses or e-mail addresses, are always provided on a voluntary basis if possible. Those data will not be passed on to third parties without your explicit permission.
However, we would like to point out that data transmissions via internet (e.g. e-mail communication) cannot be entirely secure and may have security vulnerabilities. A complete protection of personal details against unauthorised access by third parties is not possible.
Information on personal data
(1) Personal data are individual details that relate to a person or are suitable for establishing a relation to a person, such as the name, the postal address, a telephone number, an e-mail address, the bank details, etc. It may therefore be possible to draw conclusions about a person’s identity through personal data.
(2) The responsible party pursuant to Art. 4 (7) of the General Data Protection Regulation (DS-GVO) is:
SECO Northern Europe GmbH
Rights of data subject
You have the following rights in connection with our processing of your data:
(1) Right of access to information in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR on the processing of your personal data by us, categories of data processed, recipients or categories of recipient, storage period or criteria for determining the storage period, right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, objection to processing, right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority, if appropriate information on the source of the data and the existence of automated decision-making and, if appropriate, notification of safeguards in accordance with Art. 46 GDPR on transfer to a third country or international organizations;
(2) Right to rectification of incorrect personal data or completion of incomplete personal data without undue delay in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
(3) Right to erasure of the stored personal data in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, if the data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, if consent given has been withdrawn and there is no other legal ground for the processing, if objection to the processing has been lodged and the data may no longer be processed in accordance with Art. 21 (1) or (2) GDPR, if the data have been processed unlawfully, if erasure to fulfil a legal obligation is necessary or if the data have been collected in relation to information society services in accordance with Art.8 (1) GDPR. This does not apply insofar as the processing is necessary for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
(4) Right to restriction of processing in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, if you contest the accuracy of the data (and more specifically for the duration of the period required for an examination of the accuracy), if the processing is unlawful but you decline the erasure and instead demand restriction of the usage, if we no longer require the data for the purposes of processing, but you require the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or if you have lodged an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 (1) GDPR for as long as it has not been determined whether our legitimate reasons override your legitimate reasons;
(5) Right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 (2) GDPR (if the data are processed for the purposes of direct advertising) or Art. 21 (1) GDPR (if the processing takes place in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (e) or (f) GDPR, on grounds relating to your particular situation, unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims). Please refer also to Item 23 below for further information on your right to object:
(6) Right to data portability in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, i.e. to obtain personal data concerning you that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to transfer these data to another controller;
(7) Right to withdrawal of consent given at any time in accordance with Art. 7 (3) GDPR. As a result of the withdrawal of consent, we will no longer be allowed to process the data for the future from the point in time of withdrawal. See also Item no. 24 below;
(8) Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. You will find the supervisory authority responsible for us under Item no. 4 above. The right to lodge a complaint shall apply without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedies.
(9) Please address any enquiries for information, requests for access or revocations relating to data processing by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address given under Item 1 para 2 above.
Automated decision-making is not applied here.
The address of the supervisory authority responsible for us is:
The Hamburg Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information
Kurt-Schumacher-Allee 4 (6th Floor)
Tel.: +49 40 42854-4040
Fax: +49 40 42854-4000
Storage of access data
(1) Any access to our Internet presence results in the storage of access data in a log file on our provider’s server.
(2) This data record comprises details such as your IP address, date and time of the request, the name of the requested file, the quantity of data transferred and the access status, a description of the web browser used and operating system as well as the name of your Internet service provider.
(3) These data are collected for technical reasons. Evaluation takes place exclusively for statistical purposes and without any personal reference (visitor numbers and popularity of page). Erasure takes place automatically after 14 days at the latest.
Collection of personal data for informational use
(1) If the website is used for purely informational purposes, i.e. if you do not log in, register or transfer information to us in any other way in order to use the website, we do not collect any personal data with the exception of the data mentioned under 5.2 , which your browser transmits in order to technically facilitate your visit to the website.
- Transient cookies (temporary use)
- Persistent cookies (time-limited use)
- Third-party cookies (from third-party providers)
- Flash cookies (permanent use)
b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close the browser. They include, in particular, session cookies. The latter store what is called a session ID with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This enables your computer to be recognized when you return to the website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predefined period, which may vary according to the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser setting to match your preferences and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. However, we wish to point out that you may not then be able to use all the functions of this website.
e) The Flash cookies used are not collected by your browser but by your Flash plug-in. They store the necessary data regardless of which browser you use and have no automatic expiry date. If you do not want Flash cookies to be processed, you have to install an appropriate add-on. The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is that we carry out statistical evaluations relating to the usage of our website due to the data processing and are able to optimize our Internet services for users.
Using functions of our website
(1) In addition to the use of our website for purely informational purposes, we offer you various services that you may use if interested. To this end, you generally have to provide further personal data, which we use to supply the respective service. If additional voluntary details are possible, they will be marked accordingly.
(2) When you make contact with the service provider by e-mail or via the contact form, your e-mail address will be stored, and, if you provide them, your name and your telephone number in order to answer your queries.
This website partially uses so-called cookies. Cookies do not cause damages to your computer and do not contain viruses. Cookies allow us to make our offer more user-friendly, more efficient and more secure. Cookies are small text files, stored by your browser on your computer.
The most cookies that we use are so-called “session cookies”. They will be deleted automatically after the end of your visit. Other cookies remain on your terminal device. Those cookies enable us to recognise your browser on your next visit.
You can adjust your browser that way in order to be informed when cookies are placed, to individually allow cookies or to generally exclude cookies in certain cases as well as to activate the automatic deletion of cookies when closing the browser. The deactivation of cookies may impair the functionality of this website.
Change cookie settings
Here you can change your cookie settings with us: Open configuration box
The provider of these websites automatically collects and stores information in so-called server log files which your browser automatically transmits to us, such as
- browser type/version
- used operating system
- referrer URL
- host name of the accessing computer
- time of query
Those data cannot be associated with individual persons. A merging with other data sources does not take place. We reserve the right to retrospectively check the data if reasonable evidences concerning illegal use become known.
On our website, you have the opportunity to send us an encrypted e-mail via the “Contact” form with details of your request. Here, for example, you can ask us questions about our company, products or services. In order to process your request, we ask you to enter personal data in the input mask. These include your name and e-mail address as well as further information such as the subject of your request and your message text. You can also supply further information in addition to the required fields. Address and/or telephone number can be provided as an option.
This information we have requested enables us to deal with your request comprehensively. Communication of the data provided by you in this connection takes place expressly on a voluntary basis.
The personal data transmitted to us from your details, as mentioned above, as well as the time you make contact are used exclusively for the purpose for which you made them available to use when making contact – in particular for processing your enquiry. The information you give is used exclusively for processing your enquiry. The data will not be used for other purposes or forwarded to third parties without your express consent. Excluded from this – insofar as is necessary for fulfilling your enquiry – are partner firms of SECO Northern Europe GmbH. These may for example be: our suppliers, transport and logistics partners and our trading partners. Insofar as no statutory retention obligations apply, your personal data will be erased after handling your request.
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is that we require your data so that we can process or answer your message.
We safeguard our website and other systems by means of suitable technical and organizational measures against loss, destruction, access, modification or dissemination of your data by unauthorized persons. However, despite regular controls, complete protection against all hazards is not possible.
Our website uses the industry standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) for encryption. This guarantees the confidentiality of your personal details via the Internet. You can recognize whether an encrypted transmission is taking place by the closed key/lock symbol in your browser display.
Forwarding of data
Your personal data is passed on to third parties only - if you have given us your express consent to do so in accordance with Art. (1) (a) GDPR, - if forwarding is necessary in order to fulfil contractual obligations in accordance with Art 6. (1) (b) GDPR;
- if we are legally obliged to forward the data as defined by Art. 6 (1) (c) GDPR;
- if forwarding the data is in the public interest as defined by Art. 6 (1) GDPR or;
- if forwarding the data in accordance with the Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR for safeguarding our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party insofar as your interests in the protection of your data do not override.
We process the following categories of data: master data (such as company, if appropriate contact, address), communication data, contractual data, receivables data, if appropriate information on payments and arrears. See the above-mentioned information in this connection.
In order to process you request in a satisfactory manner, we may have to pass on your personal data to third-party recipients.
Storage period of personal data
Your data will be stored by us for as long as is necessary for the purposes on which the processing is based. Furthermore, we only store data insofar as we are legally obliged to do so, e.g. due to statutory retention obligations.
Information on the right to object
An objection to the processing of personal data relating to you is possible on the basis of Article 6 (1) (e) (data processing in the public interest) or (f) (data processing in order to maintain legitimate interests on the basis of a balancing of interests) at any time in accordance with Article 21 GDPR. In the case of an objection, the personal data will no longer be processed unless compelling legitimate grounds can be demonstrated for the processing, which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Insofar as you have given us your consent to the processing of personal data, you can withdraw this consent at any time. As a matter of course, this also applies to any declarations of consent given to us before 25 May 2018 (before the GDPR came into effect). The withdrawal of consent can only ever come into force for the future. The lawfulness of the processing is not retroactively nullified by an objection.
Please direct your objection to the e-mail address email@example.com
Data protection officer
If you have any queries relating to data protection, please do not hesitate to contact our external data protection officer at:
Vater Solution GmbH
Mr Cord Lange
or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribing to our newsletter
If you would like to receive the newsletter, we require a valid e-mail address from you as well as information that allows us to verify that you are the owner of the specified e-mail address or that the owner agrees to receive the newsletter. If available, you may voluntarily enter your name and title in order to personalize the newsletter dispatch. This data will only be used for sending the newsletter and will not be passed on to third parties.
To confirm the ownership of the e-mail address, an e-mail is sent with a link to activate the subscription (double opt-in). When you subscribe to the newsletter, we store your IP address and the date of subscription for the statutory period of limitation, beginning with the date of unsubscription. This storage serves as proof in the event that a third party misuses an e-mail address and registers to receive the newsletter without the knowledge of the authorized person. Opening and click actions are recorded by our IT systems via individualized links and evaluated anonymously. In each newsletter, you can deactivate the evaluation at any time. You can also revoke your consent to the processing of the data, the e-mail address and their use for sending the newsletter at any time. The revocation can be done via a link in the newsletters themselves, or by sending a message to the contact options above.
Customer satisfaction surveys
We ask our customers at regular intervals to what extent they are satisfied with our services and what we can do better.
The personal data collected as part of a customer satisfaction survey is used exclusively for internal evaluation. The personal data collected as part of the survey will not be passed on to third parties. The legal basis for our use is Art. 6 1 a) - your voluntarily given consent and Art. 6 1. f) GDPR - our legitimate interest to continuously improve our services to customers.
After evaluation, the communicated data will be deleted.
If you have given your consent, this website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google LLC. The responsible service provider in the EU is Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland ("Google").
Scope of the processing
We use the function 'anonymizeIP' (so-called IP-Masking): Due to the activation of the IP-anonymization on this website, your IP-address will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
During your visit to our website, the following data, among others, is recorded:
- the pages you call up, your "click path
- Achievement of "website goals" (conversions, e.g. newsletter registrations, downloads, purchases)
- Your user behavior (for example clicks, dwell time, bounce rates)
- Your approximate location (region)
- Your IP address (in abbreviated form)
- technical information about your browser and the end devices you use (e.g. language settings, screen resolution)
- Your internet provider
- the referrer URL (via which website/advertising medium you came to this website)
Purposes of processing
On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your (pseudonymous) use of the website and to compile reports on website activities. The reports provided by Google Analytics serve to analyze the performance of our website.
The recipient of the data is
- Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland
as a contract processor. For this purpose we have concluded a contract with Google. Google LLC, headquartered in California, USA, and, if applicable, US authorities can access the data stored at Google.
Transfer to third countries
A transfer of data to the USA cannot be excluded.
The data sent by us and linked to cookies is automatically deleted after 14 months. Data whose retention period has been reached is automatically deleted once a month.
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google by
a. not giving your consent to the setting of the cookie or
b. Download and install the browser add-on to disable Google Analytics HERE.
You can also prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly. However, if you configure your browser to refuse all cookies, this may limit the functionality of this and other websites.
Legal basis and possibility of revocation
for this data processing is your consent, Art.6 para.1 S.1 lit.a DSGVO. You can withdraw your consent at any time with future effect by accessing the cookie settings [HERE LINK TO CONSENT TOOL SETTINGS] and changing your selection there.
Our websites use the functions of Google Analytics Remarketing in connection with the cross-device functions of Google AdWords and Google DoubleClick. The provider is Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheater Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
This function enables the advertising target groups created with Google Analytics Remarketing to be linked to the cross-device functions of Google AdWords and Google DoubleClick. In this way, interest-related, personalized advertising messages that have been adapted to you depending on your previous usage and surfing behavior on one device (e.g. cell phone) can also be displayed on another of your devices (e.g. tablet or PC).
If you have given your consent, Google will link your web and app browser history to your Google account for this purpose. In this way, the same personalized advertising messages can be displayed on any device on which you log in with your Google account.
To support this function, Google Analytics records Google-authenticated IDs of the users, which are temporarily linked to our Google Analytics data in order to define and create target groups for cross-device advertising.
You can permanently object to cross-device remarketing / targeting by deactivating personalized advertising in your Google account; follow this link: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/
Further information and data protection regulations can be found in Google's data protection declaration at: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/
Our website uses plugins of the Google-operated website YouTube. Provider of the website is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. If you visit one of our website having a YouTube-plugin embedded, a connection to YouTube servers will be established. The YouTube server will then be submitted the information that you have visited our websites.
If you are logged on to your YouTube account, you enable YouTube to associate your browsing behaviour with your personal profile. You may prevent this by logging out of YouTube.
Our websites use retargeting technologies by Google. Provider of these technologies are Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
This enables to address visitors of our website with customised, interest-related commercial information. The display of commercials takes place according to the cookie-based analysis of previous usage and browsing behaviour. According to our present stat of knowledge, no person-related data will be stored when visiting our website. On access, a cookie will be placed to collect anonymous data about interests of the user and so to adapt commercials to such information. These cookies are small text files which will be stored onto your computer or terminal device.
DoubleClick by Google
This is the case, for example, if a user sees a DoubleClick ad and later visits the advertiser's website with the same browser and buys something there. According to Google, DoubleClick cookies do not contain any personal information. Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection to the Google server. We have no influence on the scope and further use of the data collected by Google through the use of this tool and therefore inform you according to our knowledge: By integrating DoubleClick, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding part of our website or clicked on one of our ads. If you are registered with a Google service, Google can assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, there is a possibility that the provider will find out and save your IP address. You can prevent participation in this tracking process in various ways: a) by setting your browser software accordingly, in particular the suppression of third-party cookies means that you will not receive any advertisements from third-party providers; b) by deactivating the cookies for conversion tracking, by setting your browser so that cookies from the domain www.googleadservices.com are blocked, https://www.google.de/settings/ads, this setting being deleted when you delete your cookies; c) by deactivating the interest-based ads of the providers that are part of the self-regulation campaign "About Ads" via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, this setting being deleted if you delete your cookies; d) by permanent deactivation in your browsers Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome under the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin, e) by means of appropriate cookies settings. We would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this offer to their full extent. Further information on DoubleClick by Google can be found at https://www.google.de/doubleclick and data protection at Google in general: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Alternatively, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis is Art. 6 (1) a GDPR
We do not process the data concerned or pass them on to third parties. By using the AddThis plugin, you agree to the data processing by AddThis. You can also object to the data collection and storage by AddThis at any time with future effect by setting an opt-out cookie. To do this, visit http://www.addthis.com/privacy/opt-out.
Registration with this websites
You can register with this website to be able to use additional functions on this website. The data entered for this purpose will only be used for purpose of use of the respective offer or service for which you have registered.
We also use the provided email address to inform you about important changes, such as change of the offer range or in case of technical changes.
For security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential data, such as enquiries you sent to us as the provider, this website uses an SSL encryption. You recognise an encrypted transmission by the change of the address line of the browser from "http://" to "https://" and by the lock-symbol in your browser address line.
If the SSL encryption is active, the data you have transmitted to us cannot be accessed by third parties.
Processing of data (customer data and contract data)
We collect, process and use person-related data only as far as necessary for the establishment, content-related arrangement or change of the legal relationship (stock data). We only collect, process and use person-related data about the use of our websites (usage data) insofar it is necessary for enabling, improving or invoicing the use of the service.
Transmission of data on contract conclusion for online shops, traders and product shipment
We transmit person-related data to third parties only if it necessary to fulfil the contract, e.g transmitting data to the forwarding agent or the commissioned credit institution in charge with the payment. A further transmission of data to third parties does not take place unless you have given your explicit permission. A transmission of data to third parties for commercial purposes does not take place.
Encrypted payment transaction on this website
Payment transactions via the common methods of payment (Visa/Mastercard, direct debit) exclusively take place via an encrypted SSL connection. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the change of the browser line from "http://" to "https://" and the lock-symbol in your browser line.
On encrypted communication your bank details, which you submit to us, cannot be read by third parties.
Right to Information, Deletion, Blocking
You have the right to be informed about your person-related data, their origin and addressee and the purpose of data processing as well as the right to correction, blocking or deletion of those data at any time and free of charge. For further questions and questions concerning person-related data, feel free to contact us under the address published in the impressum/legal notice.
Objection to commercial mails
Providers are obligated to publish contact information in the Legal Note/Impressum. The use of such contact information by third parties for the purpose of distributing unsolicited advertisements or other commercial information is prohibited. The operators of this website reserve the right to take legal measures in case of being sent unsolicited commercial information, e.g. spam mails etc.