KarL4 is our innovation for contactless payment for the girocard, MasterCard and Visa Card. The payment terminal runs entirely without a PIN pad (TOPP) and allows quick age verification on request. This enables your customers to pay securely and intuitively with girocard contactless amounts up to 50 Euros without entering a PIN. KarL4 uses Near Field Communication (NFC) for data transmission. This ensures extremely customer-friendly handling: pull out your card, put it on and pay.
KarL4 can optionally be combined with our Human Machine Interfaces, if desired even as a highly individual complete module tailored to your requirements. Quality "Made in Germany", approved by the German Banking Industry (DK). Profit from our many years of experience in the development and manufacture of more than 100,000 card payment systems.
In the future, SECO also plans DC-POS 3.0 certification, which will additionally enable acceptance of American Express (AMEX), Discover, Union Pay, and JCB.
- One Contact
- From hardware and software to payment processing - we are your contact. No additional contracts are necessary, e.g. with payment service providers or mobile phone providers.
- Fast and flexible installation
- Only 4 holes are necassary to fix the reader module and 1 hole for the cable entry to your unit housing.
- High security - no large cut-out in the housing required, preventing unintentional tampering
- Vandalism and weather protection - controller is located inside the device housing
- Plug & Play
- Automatic set-up - KarL4 is immediately ready for use
- No additional software is required
- Modem onboard - no network administration necessary
- LTE onboard
- With the integrated LTE modem and SIM chip, KarL4 is ready to use right away.
- Age verification
- Age verification built in as standard
- Optionally expandable with graphic display, touch, Bluetooth or LAN. Individualised design is also possible (e.g. reader unit combined with an HMI behind glass)
- AI and IoT directly deployable
- Immediately develop and leverage new value-added business models and services thanks to our direct-to-use SaaS AI and IoT software platform CLEA
Questions on paymentsystems
What are payment service providers
Payment service providers are considered the interface for cashless payment processing. They are also considered third party companies and take over all processes between customer, merchant and bank. Without payment service providers, merchants would have to conclude contracts with every payment institution. In addition, the providers also guarantee a secure and encrypted money transfer. Good payment service providers also cover the extensive spectrum for the desired application. The standards include credit cards (Amex, Mastercard, VISA, Discover, UnionPay, ApplePay and GooglePay) or the Girocard.
How does a payment system work
Every type of order or purchase requires the selection of a payment method --a payment system is required. The task of the payment system is to transmit not only the open invoice amount but also all other necessary data. The range of payment options includes card reading terminals for credit cards, giro cards, mobile payment (e.g. GooglePay or ApplePay).In addition to payment service providers, there are also technical network companies that primarily provide technical support and warranty services, sometimes on site.
The girocard (formerly EC card) is the most widely used card in Germany. By the end of 2020, around 80 million girocards will be contactless. The girocard meets the highest security standards of the German banking industry. NFC technology, which makes secure contactless payment possible, is the linchpin for new applications that make the girocard even smarter and more convenient.
- Just hold it close to the payment terminal and you're done.
- The payment process is reduced to seconds!
- Amounts up to 50 euros can usually be paid without PIN or signature.
SECO works with you to develop the solution that best suits your requirements.