KarL4 is our innovation for contactless payment for the girocard, MasterCard and Visa Card. The payment terminal runs entirely without a PIN pad (TOPP) and allows quick age verification on request. This enables your customers to pay securely and intuitively with girocard contactless amounts up to 50 Euros without entering a PIN. KarL4 uses Near Field Communication (NFC) for data transmission. This ensures extremely customer-friendly handling: pull out your card, put it on and pay.
KarL4 can optionally be combined with our Human Machine Interfaces, if desired even as a highly individual complete module tailored to your requirements. Quality "Made in Germany", approved by the German Banking Industry (DK). Profit from our many years of experience in the development and manufacture of more than 100,000 card payment systems.
In the future, SECO also plans DC-POS 3.0 certification, which will additionally enable acceptance of American Express (AMEX), Discover, Union Pay, and JCB.
- One Contact
- From hardware and software to payment processing - we are your contact. No additional contracts are necessary, e.g. with payment service providers or mobile phone providers.
- Fast and flexible installation
- Only 4 holes are necessary to fix the reader module to your unit housing.
- High security - no large cut-out in the housing required, preventing unintentional tamperingVandalismus- und Wetterschutz – Controller befindet sich innerhalb des Gerätegehäuses
- Plug & Play
- Automatic set-up - KarL4 is immediately ready for use
- No additional software is necessary
- Modem onboard - no network administration necessary
- Optionally expandable with graphic display, touch, Bluetooth or LAN. Individualised design is also possible (e.g. reader unit combined with an HMI behind glass)
- LTE onboard
- With the integrated LTE modem and SIM chip, KarL 4 is ready to use right away. No extra SIM is needed, fast transaction time and robust housing are further features.
- Age verification
- Age verification built in as standard.
The girocard (formerly EC card) is the most widely used card in Germany. By the end of 2020, around 80 million girocards will be contactless. The girocard meets the highest security standards of the German banking industry. NFC technology, which makes secure contactless payment possible, is the linchpin for new applications that make the girocard even smarter and more convenient.
- Just hold it close to the payment terminal and you're done.
- The payment process is reduced to seconds!
- Amounts up to 50 euros can usually be paid without PIN or signature.
SECO works with you to develop the solution that best suits your requirements.