SECO is a leading global provider of technological innovations for the Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions. With the Qseven® Cross Platform Starter Kit, SECO is now presenting a new solution that contains all the basic components for developing applications with Qseven® compatible Computer on Modules (COM). The Q7 Starter Kit 2.1 is compatible with both Qseven Rel. 2.0 / 2.1 modules with x86 and Arm processors and is based on SECO's new CQ7-D59 Carrier Board, for Qseven modules, in 3.5-inch form factor.
SECO’s starter and development kits serve as reference and development platforms for early feasibility testing (proof-of-concept), prototyping, and software development. SECO customers can use these kits to accelerate the development of application-specific carrier boards. An overview of SECO starter and development kits for Qseven® and other standard form factors can be found here.
The CQ7-D59 Carrier Board is equipped with a variety of components and interfaces supported by the Qseven® standard. With the Q7 Starter Kit 2.1, SECO supplies an HD audio module, I2S audio module, 24VDC power supply, cable set and an adapter for mounting a µQseven® module on the standard Qseven® Carrier Board.
The Q7 STARTER KIT 2.1 complements SECO's line of standard Qseven® modules, including the recently introduced ATLAS - Qseven® module with Intel Atom X6000E Series, Intel Pentium, Celeron N and J Series SoCs (formerly Elkhart Lake).
Interfaces and connectors of the Starter Kit and the CQ7-D59 briefly
- Up to 2x Gigabit Ethernet via RJ-45
- 1x M.2 Socket 2 2242/3042 Key B slot for wireless wide area network modem modules connected to an on-board miniSIM slot
- 2x USB 3.0 host ports on a dual Type-A connector
- 1x USB 2.0 host port on a Type-A connector
- 1x USB 2.0 host to the on-board WWAN M.2 socket
- 1x USB 2.0 OTG port on a USB micro-AB connector
- SATA connector with HDD power connector for mass storage devices
- M.2 socket 2 2242 Key B SSD slot
- MicroSD Slot on a combo microSD and SIM connector
- 4-wire RS232/RS422/RS485 to DB9 connector (configurable)
- 16x GPIO signals via a GPIO expander controlled via SMBus or I2C
- Terminal block for CAN interface via CAN transceiver
- Connectors for HDMI/ and LVDS or 2x eDP and display port
- Audio header, SPI header and LPC bus header
- Button cell for power supply of a real-time clock and CMOS
- The CQ7-D59 supports the industrial operating temperature range (-40°C to 85°C)
Learn more about SECO at Embedded World 2022, in Nuremberg, Germany, from June 21 to 23. Visit SECO to discover our wide variety of edge computing, human machine interface (HMI), remote device management, and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning solutions.